Greetings to those who have music appreciation and long to be a fine classical guitarist. This homepage provides you with valuable classical guitar topics ranging from its history, basic theory to accurate practice lessons, all of which are directly derived from over 30 years of hands-on experience.
Thanks to discipline approach to self-practice through those years, I never felt bored or discouraged except time when I was unwell. To my observation, no matter what kind of musical instrument you play, incorrect practice only discourages players from practicing.
To my earnest intention and dedication, I have compiled and presented some key lessons on this homepage which not only serve as practice lessons, contributing to accurate playing, but also enable players to develop and advance their skills. Furthermore, I fervently believe that they will be helpful for those planning to take university entrance exam, majoring in music with classical guitar concentration. In connection with such exam, I have served as a member of the exam committee of every major institution in Thailand that offers courses in music. Basically, the concept of steps, from the basic to advanced steps, which has been one of the topics widely discussed among scholars and also applies to music learning, refers to one entire step. I personally believe that this is like a catch-22 situation, which can be described in the following way: "Without basic, the most advanced step would not exist and vice versa."
Kiratinant Sodprasert was born on 30 August 1957 to Kravi Sodprasert, a local resident of Bangkok’s Thonburi District, and La-mom Sodprasert (née Sangwan) who originally came from Khlung District of Chanthaburi Province.
Kiratinant is the third of four children, with two elder brothers and a twin brother as follows:
1. Wichanant Sodprasert
2. Vallabhis Sodprasert
3. Kiratinant Sodprasert
4. Kridakorn Sodprasert
Kiratinant started practicing acoustic guitar with his eldest brother at the age of 10. Two years later he began to practise classical guitar by himself, learning from imported textbooks bought from Winson Store in front of the Grand Postal Building.
In terms of formal education, Kiratinant started kindergarten at Pattana Wittaya School. He finished his junior secondary education (equivalent to Grade 9) from Assumption College in Bangkok before attending the College of Fine Arts where, in the middle of his second year, he dropped out and became a full-time classical guitarist.
1. Guest lecturer for classical guitar lessons at Yamaha Music School Trok Chan Branch and at the Faculty of Education, Chulalongkorn University
2. Classical guitarist for Grand Ex (Thai string combo band) and arranger of songs ‘Love in C Major’ and ‘Rak Euay’
3. Columnist on classical guitar for Thanon Dontri (Music Street) music journal for two years.
4. Perform classical guitar live to accompany silent film for Goethe-Institut in Bangkok
5. Participate in classical guitar tuition activity for the youth, organised by Robinson Department Store during 3 – 28 April 1989
6. Arrange traditional Thai music ‘Lao Pan (ÅÒÇá¾¹)’ and ‘Lao Chao-choo (ÅÒÇà¨éÒªÙé)’ for classical guitar
7. Arrange the following modern Thai songs for classical guitar: ‘Neung Nai Roi (Ë¹Öè§ã¹ÃéÍÂ)’, ‘Reun Pae (àÃ×Í¹á¾)’, ‘Sia Rang Rak Krai (àÊÕÂáÃ§ÃÑ¡ã¤Ãè)’, ‘Kammun Sunya (¤ÓÁÑè¹ÊÑÒ)’, ‘Fha Mi Art Kan (¿éÒÁÔÍÒ¨¡Ñé¹)’, ‘Dokmai Hai Khun (´Í¡äÁéãËé¤Ø³)’, ‘Keun Neung (¤×¹Ë¹Öè§)’ and ‘Sai Thip (ÊÒÂ·Ô¾Âì)’
8. Arrange OST Krabi Rai Tiamtarn (¡ÃÐºÕèäÃéà·ÕÂÁ·Ò¹/ 天蚕变/天蠶變) song into classical guitar song
9. Compose lyrics and melody for the following songs: ‘Chan Rak (¨Ñ¹·ÃìÃÑ¡)’, ‘Roi Arlai (ÃÍÂÍÒÅÑÂ)’, ‘Ying Rak (ÂÔè§ÃÑ¡)’, ‘Kleun Kratob Fang (¤Å×è¹¡ÃÐ·º½Ñè§)’, ‘Duangdao-Duangjai (´Ç§´ÒÇ-´Ç§ã¨)’, ‘Rak Artittarn (ÃÑ¡Í¸ÔÉ°Ò¹)’, ‘Fao Koi (à½éÒ¤ÍÂ)’ and ‘Yod Prattana (ÂÍ´»ÃÒÃ¶¹Ò)’
10. Arrange the following songs for classical guitar: ‘Tears in Heaven’, ‘Right Here Waiting’, ‘It Might Be You’ and ‘Plaisir d’Amour’
11. Perform ‘Concerto in D Major’ at the 250th anniversary celebration concert of Antonio Vivaldi at Thailand Cultural Centre
12. Compose ‘Bonne Nuit Ma Cherie’ for classical guitar lessons and examinations for Yamaha Music Foundation
13. Co-produce ‘Learn Classical Guitar with Kiratinant’ with Big and Best Marketing Co. Ltd.
14. Co-produce cassette albums ‘Pa-wang (ÀÇÑ§¤ì)’ and ‘Huang Arom (ËéÇ§ÍÒÃÁ³ì)’ No. 1 – 4 with Tape Ocean Studio
15. Classical guitar lecturer for television channel 11
16. Guest lecturer for Master’s Degree Module GRMU 573 String Pedagogy (classical guitar lessons), College of Music, Mahidol University
17. Perform ‘Lao Pan (ÅÒÇá¾¹)’ series on classical guitar at his own concert at Goethe-Institut in Bangkok
18. Compose background music and perform classical guitar for Pacific Corporation documentary on the Royal Grandmother
19. Current guest lecturer at the Faculty of Education, Chulalongkorn University and at Mahidol University
20. Owner of Keytanant Music School (âÃ§àÃÕÂ¹´¹µÃÕ¤ÕµÐ¹Ñ¹·ì), currently located at 20 Ekkamai Soi 2, Ekkamai (Sukhumvit 63), Bangkok